Monday, November 23, 2009

Reality Check

"The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities."-Stephen Covey

Its been more than several months that have passed since I last made an entry. For a while my writing was flowing and my thoughts clear, but then it stopped once I realized people were reading my blog. All of a sudden, I got scared and felt under pressure hence began the writers block that silently agonized me over the summer and into the fall.

Call it a busy summer with endless visits by family and friends, or just plainly not having the time to collect my thoughts, or better yet, living life...but the truth of the matter is that I get scared when people read what I write which is terribly hypocritical of me since I am the one who created this blog in the first place into the great space of the virtual world for everyone to see.

The other day I had a "Come to Jesus" converstation with my husband Nicolas and asked him, "Is there any room in my life for me?". The house, taking care of the kids, Taylor's therapy regime, leave just about 1 hour in my day when I go to bed, for my personal time, which is usually spent reading. Since I have had some recent revelations and new ideas for the coming year, I finally told him about the inner struggle I was dealing with. His answer: Its all a matter of organization.

Perhaps he has something here. One of the famous self-help authors Stephen Covey, whose book "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" has once said that "
The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities." My tendency is to put my family's priorties ahead of mine, leaving me with only with whatever time there is left to do my own thing. However, my family is my priority, but I suppose self-preservation should come first since you really can't help others until you help yourself first. For me its kind of a selfish philosophy, but there is truth and value in it.

So again, I begin, on this personal journey to selfishy work on my own project.


No comments:

Post a Comment